lundi 8 juillet 2013

Greetings from Rabastens

Quelques croquis de Rabastens avant mon départ pour le symposium international d'Urban Sketchers à Barcelone.

Hi dear friends,
from Rabastens, a cute village near Toulouse (France) where I live. My name is Vincent Desplanche, I work as an illustrator, mostly for children books, since almost twenty years. I love to go sketching since such a long time, even longer. My favorite subject :  mountains. The Barcelona's symposium starts in a pinch of days, next thursday. I feel really excited to attend to this 4th edition and to see all of you, brilliant sketchers from the whole world, in flesh and bones. I expect also a lot from the workshops and sketchcrawls. So impatient that I won't sleep quietly till this day.
In order to show you the corner of the world I live in, I did the following sketches yesterday, by the sunday torpor. I used color pencils and Neocolor wash on A4 double pages.
See you very soon.

The village houses huddled under the hot july sun

The plane-tree rows cast their shadow on the central allee

It's the siesta time, the narrow streets are empty